How to lose weight in a week is definitely something you CAN learn, especially if you’re feeling pressure from a deadline. Asian women have used different methods to lose weight quickly that can work even within just seven days, and in this article we’re going to cover some of their favorites!
How to Lose Weight in a Week
Everyone hates to exercise, but if you’re going to drop pounds fast you’ll have to find an alternative.
1. I actually recommend dancing to a lot of my weight loss clients, as it allows them to burn calories quickly while doing something most of them actually enjoy. Create a playlist of your favorite songs and make a commitment to fire it up and dance to it for that entire week. You’ll burn between 400 and 800 calories every hour you do it, and better yet, you’ll actually be toning your muscles at the same time (especially the thighs and butt!).
2. Walk everywhere. You have to boycott the elevator at work, along with any other device that makes it easy for you to get around. Just by walking as much as possible during your normal routine you can add between 100 and 300 calories of fat burning power to your day. And most people actually enjoy walking, particularly if it’s outdoors, as they find it a great time to clear their minds and relax.
3. Cut out dairy, sugars, salt, and soda. I know, I know, but then what is there left to eat? Ha-ha, yes, there are foods that are outside of that group, and they are typically protein-based: Chicken, lean meat, tofu, fish, etc. Make protein the priority for the week because it helps your body burn fat through raising the metabolism via thermogenesis, and it keeps muscles lean and strong while you’re losing weight.
4. No coffee, tea, or alcohol for the week. Usually Asian culture recommends tea for extended weight loss, and it’s very true as I have my own students on a tea regimen. But when it comes to fast weight loss in a short time, as in a week, you need to cut out all sources of caffeine, which cause your body to retain fluids by stripping away reserves too quickly (which is why we have to go to the bathroom so soon after drinking tea!).
5. Make sure you eat 4-5 meals a day, at no more than 250 calories each. You’ll still feel full because protein has that effect naturally, but more importantly your body will keep expected to eat every 2-3 hours, and will keep your metabolism primed and active the whole day. Stop eating approximately three hours before you go to bed and make sure you eat breakfast every day.
You’re Almost Ready to Melt Off the Pounds