It was time for my wedding and I needed to lose weight fast. The first week I dropped thirteen (13) pounds and then ten (ten) pounds the second. Two weeks was such a short time for losing that much weight. Probably not the healthiest of diets, but hey, it was extremely effective.
I used this rapid weight loss as a catapult for my long-term weight loss. Seeing all the weight come off motivated me to keep losing the weight with natural and healthier strategies. I would like to share with you, in detail, everything I did during my second week that helped me to lose ten (10) pounds in just a week.
We both know that losing weight extremely fast is not good for the system. Below are the steps from start to finish that allowed me to lose 10 pounds in just a week:
1. Day one was detox. You have to get the body ready for losing weight. My cleanse drink was a mixture of lemon juice, ginger, honey and water. I drank this through the entire day whenever I felt myself getting hungry. This is a pretty easy one to follow, especially since it’s only for a day. When you get hungry, drink. Hungry again? Drink some more. Sometimes I do a 10 day detox called the lemonazing cleanse, but that was not this week.
2. You need to limit your portions in order to lose weight fast. I ate plenty of vegetables, lean meats, lean fish, eggs and a few fruits like apples and oranges. The simple rule I followed was this: my plate should be half veggies, (no potatoes), a quarter 1/4 of your plate is white meat or fish and then the rest is fruit (no bananas). Eating less is not the best option for long-term weight loss but it worked well for my initial goal, rapid weight loss. Eating less can be a real pain in the you know what, even for me, but I obtained my goal and am happy with the results.
3. The next step was I added two apples and one can of black beans to my diet. The beans were my main meal or I split them into a few smaller meals and ate veggies on the side. This is one of those tricks that no other diet talks about that produces amazing results. Beans are known to be a complete nutrition source. As a matter of fact, very few foods provide anywhere near the protein, magnesium, iron, zinc soluble fiber and potassium in such high amounts.
4. I began to eat breakfast and stopped eating in the night. No food after 7pm or 3 hours before sleeping was a good rule to follow. By adding breakfast I started burning calories earlier in the day, although I must admit, I previously did not think this was that important for weight loss. Eating breakfast also helped keep my energy level through the day. In addition I drank at least 10 glasses of water each day, and still drink 10 glasses every day. Water cleanses your system, increases metabolism and helps curb hunger. Did you know that 80% of the time when we feel hunger it’s actually our body screaming out for hydration (water)?
5. In addition to limiting portion size, I increased the amount of times I ate during the day. I went from 2 big meals to 5 smaller meals. You want to balance your body between full and hungry throughout the day.
6. Put the brakes on the fats, sweets and not so healthy food. Whenever I felt like I wanted to eat something unhealthy, I would move that food to the first part of the day. Your metabolism is higher in the morning and this gives your body the entire day to process the food. I was able to kill the sweet monster with a donut in the early morning once or twice per week.
7. Let go of the fruit juices and head for the fresh fruit section of your grocery store. If you have to have juice, get yourself a juicer and make it yourself. When you’re thirsty, water or unsweetened green tea are also a solid solution.
8. Try your best to keep yourself motivated and busy at all times. When you are busy with work, family, friends, etc. you forget about the kitchen and next thing you know half the day has passed. This is a bigger tip than you think.
You might be thinking this plan is too simple to lose 10 pounds in a week, but follow it exactly and I promise you will see results.