What is Acne?
Acne, basically is the result of our skin's sebaceous (oil) glands getting blocked, and is a health condition that, like the common cold, has yet to find the ultimate cure. Sometimes it's genetic, often it's not. Acne usually occurs around our teen years, but sometimes we can suddenly get a breakout in our 30's or 40's (stress or hormonal changes). Most over the counter treatments are intended for external, more beneficial use, but in order to achieve best, long lasting results acne treatment must be internal.
About The Treatment.
Firstly, I always recommend dietary change and herbal supplements (to stimulate liver and bowel movements) for deep cleansing and detoxifying. Also, drink lots of water to really flush out the system.
Successful acne treatment needs to include balancing hormonal levels, detoxifying the body and boosting immunity.
To be 15 years old and to suffer from acne can be extremely stressful. I've added some reflex points to work on that will help your teen expect better emotionally. Often stress can cause further inflammation and thus make matters even worse.
OK, here it is:
The Ultimate Acne Treatment:
• Start each day with a glass (or two) of water with a tablespoon (or two) of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
• Use a herbal formula with dandelion (to cleanse liver), calendula and burdock (to soothe skin inflammation), yellow dock (clear chronic skin problems, encourages bowel movements, promotes liver function).
• Cut down on fatty, sugary foods!
Reflexology Points to Work On (open and print a foot chart here):
For cleansing and detoxifying:
• Neck lymph nodes
• Kidneys and bladder
For hormonal and immune boost:
Pituitary gland (hormonal balancing)
• Adrenal (good point for anti-stress too)
• Thymus gland
• Solar plexus (hold point on both feet simultaneously at the end of treatment)
Wow, that's a pretty good treatment! Give it (or get it) once or twice a week for at least a month, together with the herbal supplements and you'll see a huge improvement in no time